Care and Maintenance – Porcelain
Horizon Italian Tile recommends following these simple steps to ensure the beauty of your porcelain for its lifetime.
The first and most important step involves the complete removal of grout residue and construction debris after the initial installation. The majority of client complaints are due to the fact that tiles are inadequately cleaned post installation. The most effective way to remove grout residue is to follow the grout manufacturers recommendations and instructions.
For products with a matte or textured finish Horizon Tile recommends using Fila Deterdek Acid Cleaner post-installation to remove thin set residue and grout haze on porcelain tile.
For products with a polished finish or finishes that are acid sensitive Horizon Tile recommends using Fila Neutral Cleaner.
Thorough rinsing with clean water is necessary to ensure successful cleaning.
Porcelain tiles require minimal maintenance.
Daily cleaning should be performed first by sweeping or vacuuming to remove loose soil or other surface contaminants, followed by damp mopping with clean hot water.
For optimum results:
- Choose a cleaning product that is suitable for use on porcelain tile.
- Clean surface spills as quickly as possible.
- Follow manufacturers recommendations for proper dilution of detergent.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove solution in order to prevent coating or hazing.
- For more aggressive cleaning a nylon pad or bristle brush may be required. (Matte and textured finishes only.)
Please refer to the table below for additional information on common stains.